My heart is anxious. I feel like a fish out of water. Like I’m walking in a dark place without the lights on, stumbling over objects I cannot see. I don’t know where I’m going or which direction to turn.
Is that your thoughts today, my friend? In the shadows low in the valley? In that dark place where you feel you are totally out of control. You can’t see where you are going. You jump at every noise, because your heart is gripped with fear. Absolutely no one, wants to feel their feet crunching in the gravel here!
In this strange place, your emotions are magnified. You cry or get angry at the drop of a hat. You feel lost.
You are more vulnerable to the enemy’s deceptive devises. He slips in and plants negative thoughts. He pulls back the bow and hits the bull’s eye, attacking your mind.
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” II Tim. 1:7 KJV
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” I John 4:18 KJV
You feel weak and discouraged—weary in well-doing. The trial takes a toll on your emotions, especially, but can affect your physical health, as well. You are stressed. Oppressed. Depressed.
That is a place where suicidal thoughts are birthed. Never give in to those thoughts, NO MATTER WHAT! There is never a problem that is worth giving in to the enemy, losing your soul!
You don’t know what to do. So, WHAT DO you DO?
- P.U.S.H. (Pray until something happens) Talk to Him as if He were a friend, sitting next to you in a chair. Tell Him how you feel. Negative feelings and all! Your secrets are safe with Him! He understands.
- ABSORB yourself in the Word of God. That Word that you read will abide in you. HE is the Word, after all!
- Seek FELLOWSHIP. Do not isolate yourself! You have heard the old cliche before. No man is an island. You need your brother or sister in Christ. They can encourage and pick you up when you are down.
- FAST. Sometimes this is the only way to get a breakthrough. Flesh is stubborn and wants what it wants. Doing without the things you love, mainly food, can lead you out of that spiritual famine. Follow after the Spirit. Listen for His VOICE and leading.
- FIND MOTIVATION from any positive source you can find, in line with scripture. Devotions are a great place to start.
- BELIEVE in God’s love. Hold on to the fact that He loves you, even though He is allowing this to come upon you.
- HOPE in God and His Promises! He has a wonderful outcome waiting for you, at the end of this trial.
- KEEP YOUR FAITH! We are instructed to keep the faith, if we are to win this race.
- LAUGH and REJOICE. Find ways to see the humorous side of life. Watch a humorous YouTube video. Read a funny book. Watch a clean comedy video. I personally thought Mom’s Night Out was hilarious! You know what makes YOU laugh.
- WORSHIP and PRAISE. In the comfort of your home, you can play worshipful music and, yes, worship your God, because He loves your attention! The Bible is full of ways to worship. Psalms says to make a joyful noise. Sing along to the music, praise Him for His mighty acts! Raise your hands to Him in surrender. Cry. Your tears are worship. Tell Him how much you adore Him! When you have lost your joy, the Word says leap for it! Clap. Nothing makes God nervous! He loves for His children to spend time with Him.
God is good! This fact will always remain in every circumstance. He will bring you out of this valley. Fear not! Because He is with you!
Before you know it, you will be dancing to a new tune! Your thoughts will begin to turn around.
My heart is overjoyed! I feel at home in my skin, because Jesus abides in me! I’m walking in a new place. He is doing a new thing in me. I walk in His Light! I have a sure foundation. I am seeking first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and ALL these things shall be added to me! 🙏🙌💃👏🎶👑
And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. Isaiah 45:3
Copyright © 2018 Heart Tokens All Rights Reserved