If you are not following either one of them, you are missing out! Go right over and check them out now and give them a follow! They both are a big inspiration to me and will be for you as well! 😄😁
The Barnabas Award is presented in recognition of encouragement and inspiration a blogger brings to their readers.
How the award works:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog.
2. Think of five bloggers that encouragement and inspire you and nominate them.
3. List five things about yourself and answer the questions.
4. Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because it is the number that signifies grace.
5 Things About Me:
1. My favorite color is jade and has been since I was 17…I also love bright colors. Blue, purple, fuchsia, yellow, blush, (dusty rose, mauve) burgundy are also among my favorites.
2. I love listening to older folk’s stories of back when they were younger.
3. I love the sound of chimes. (The more mellow ones with wooden tones)
4. I loved going barefoot when I was a child.
5. I’m more happier with simpler things, simpler gifts than elaborate. I guess I’m practical.
Steve’s Questions To Me:
1. How long have you been blogging? Almost a year.
2. Why did you start blogging? My friend Debbie encouraged me to try it.
3. Do you plan to be blogging a year from now? Yes! Most definitely! 👏🏼
4. Have you always enjoyed writing or is it something more recent? I have always loved writing since I can remember, but 7th grade is when a teacher encouraged me and helped me to completely fall in love with it.
5. Why do you follow my blog? (got to have one hard question)
Because it’s just a wonderful place to be! I love the pics, stories, Muffin, coffee times, nature walk and the humor! 😜😁👍🏼😸
5 Things About Me:
1–I have Native American Indian on both sides of the family. Choctaw and Chickasaw. (Cherokee possibly).
2–Both my paternal great grandparents were Irish and had Irish last names. (My dad’s mother’s side)
3–I love floral prints and stripes.
4–I was born left-handed, but mom made me write with my right hand. Teachers thought right-handed handwriting was neater back when my mom was growing up.
5–I don’t like deep water.
Here are Stu’s 5 questions to Me:
1. What are your inspirations for blogging? God moments/prayer, scripture, nature, everyday moments, other bloggers and random moments (like when I see something I feel the need to take a picture of)
2. Do you have a favorite quote that gives you encouragement to continue in this journey called life? Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
3. One million dollars is given to you…now what? I would first pay my tithes and offerings on it. Then, I would build my smallish modest dream home. Build both my girls modest homes. Invest in a good future retirement plan. Pay my bills off. Give to different charities: for the homeless, St. Jude’s, wounded Veterans, foreign and home missions, pregnancy centers.
4. What is one thing that you feel you could never do to another person? There is quite a bit, but I will settle on, I could never shoot someone randomly. It would have to be self-defense.
5. If you could collaborate with one blogger, who would it be and why? Anyone. Just because that’s the way I roll. 🙂
My Questions For My Nominees:
1–If you were given as much money as it took to change something for the good, what would be that one thing you would choose?
2–What is one trait from a bible character that you wish you had/or am currently working on having more of?
3–If you could have been in the crowd that day the young man had the loaves and fish lunch, what do you think your modern-day lunch would have consisted of?
4–If you had a choice, which would you do, stop world hunger or stop bullying?
5–Do you believe that we can change the world by the words we speak? Whether negative or positive?
*To those I give this award to, thank you for being an inspiration. Please do not feel obligated to participate. 🙂