It has taken me quite a while to get to the awards from the summer…I have been working on them off and on…So very sorry guys! A special thanks to everyone!
RI My friend Mandy over at ‘That We Might’ has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. She brought tears to my eyes with the sweet things she had to say about me and my blog. I don’t take your words lightly, Mandy. They meant a lot to me! Thanks so much.
Please take a moment to check out her blog. She works hard to raise awareness for Bipolar Disorder! 😃
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
Mandy’s 11 questions to Me:
- (In honor of September…) Where were you when you first heard about 9/11? (If you weren’t alive at the time or were too young, describe the way in which you first learned about it and your reaction. If you aren’t American, don’t feel like you’re under a microscope or your thoughts aren’t valued just as much.). I will never forget that terrifying day! My hubby had the news turned on as he normally does, and I was actually watching at the time. Seeing the plane crash into the building, people jumping from the building taking their own lives and the towers crumbling was too much for me! I started crying! And of course came the several phone calls from different family members to make sure we knew. We later visited the Memorial where Flight 93 went down in PA. It was my late FIL’s hometown.
- What is your favorite animal and why? I have many favorites. They are all beautiful to me. (Except the creepy crawlies or poisonous lol) Last time, I answered Eagle to this question, but this time I will go with elephant. They are strong and majestic. 🐘 And it’s my grand baby’s nursery theme. 🙂
- If you could only have one more meal, what would it be? Multiple courses and desserts allowed and ecouraged. My stepmom’s chicken and dumplings! They would melt in your mouth! Her tomato gravy and biscuits. Her fried okra! And her strawberry pie. My Mama’s fried chicken, greens, seafood, (some boiled and some fried) pecan pies and her tea cakes! My Aunt Ruthie’s cornbread and chocolate cake, and my hubby’s grilled steak!😋
- What is your favorite book? It’s whatever I am reading at the moment. Which right now is Chicken Soup for the Soul Messages from Heaven. From a spiritual stance, the Bible will always be my favorite.
- Do you prefer rainy or sunny days? Sunny, but I do enjoy an occasional rain—the sound of rain hitting a tin roof triggers a favorite memory of mine—one of my lying in bed at night “trying to sleep” when we lived in the little white house by the creek. The sound was so loud!
- Why did you start your blog? My friend Debbie encouraged me to.
- What was your favorite subject in school? (PE and lunch and recess are totally allowed!) It would have been easier to answer what my least favorite was. 😆 I loved English, literature, typing, biology, science, history. Anything but math. I hated math.
- Where have you always wanted to visit? Ireland and Paris
- What historical person inspires you the most? Abraham Lincoln for his honesty and David in the Bible, because in spite of his flaws, he was a man after God’s own heart.
- . Do you know any other languages, and if not, what language would you want to learn? I took French in high school. I wasn’t fluent at all! Have forgotten a lot of it. I wish I knew the native language to Ireland.
- What is your strangest hobby? Whistling maybe?
MY QUESTIONS FOR EVERYONE:
1. What is one of your fondest memories?
2. Who taught you to ride a bicycle/and or a vehicle?
3. Did you have a favorite outfit growing up? If so, describe.
4. What was your favorite place/ hangout when you were a kid or teen?
5. Can you remember your favorite pet growing up? Name and description.
6. Favorite show or movie growing up.
7. Did you like playing outside growing up? What was your favorite?
8. Favorite gift you received as a child.
9. What was your personality as a child? Naughty or nice? Did you believe in Santa Claus, tooth fairy, etc?
10.What was the first tooth that you pulled and did you receive any money for it.
11. Did you have to learn things the hard way or did you learn by other people’s mistakes?
Robert has also nominated me for this award! If you haven’t checked out his great blog, kindly go over now and follow! His posts are always thought-provoking, and he writes about many different topics. Thanks for the nomination Robert!
ROBERT’S QUESTIONS TO ME:
1. If you could have a £million but weren’t allowed any more hot meals, would you take it? (I heard this question on a radio show and it tickled me!) No. I love my hot food. Sometimes money isn’t everything.
2. Do you have a bucket list of things you’d like to do before you die? If so, give us a sample! If not, dream!…..I sorta kinda do. I want to ride in a hot air balloon just a few feet from the ground. (50 feet should be good enough lol) I want to see Paris and Ireland and research my ancestors. Go on a cruise. See all the major landmarks in the US like the Statue of Liberty, The White House, The Grand Canyon, The Golden Gate Bridge, etc. Ride a real train. And want to finish my book that I have procrastinated on for so long! I’m sure there’s more….but can’t think of anything else.
3. What’s the most important lesson life has taught you so far? Lots! To do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Also, just stand and trust God when you can’t do anything in a situation. He will always bring you through.
4. What day of the week were you born on? Ask Google if you’re not sure! Friday the 13th. (Now tell me God doesn’t have a good sense of humor! I’m convinced He does!) It has been a conversation piece for me. I don’t believe in superstition, but I always joke and say that because I was born on that day, my bad luck was automatically cancelled out! 😂😜 I sure wonder about it though at times! 😂
5. Who’s your favorite Bible character (apart from Jesus!)? David. He was a man after God’s own heart. He made mistakes but was truly a repentant person. It tells me he never stopped trying to get things right.
6. What was the last dream you had? Being a dreamer lol, I dreamed someone here on WP called me. I won’t divulge the name.
7. If you could take up any new hobby, what would it be? Painting and sketching.
8. What’s your biggest ambition? Being right where God wants me to be and helping others.
9. Are you content? Why/not? I have learned to be. Because that’s God’s Word. To be content in whatsoever state you find yourself in.
10. What are some of the things you’re most thankful for? Family and God.
11. If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Why he chose suffering to teach His lessons. But I do know it always brings good, so I answered it myself I suppose.
I want to thank another kind and very nice blogger, Richard at BigSky Buckeye for nominating me for this fine award! He has a really accomplished blog. I love his well-written short stories and beautiful poems!
Richard’s Questions for me:
1. Name one person who always finds a way to inspire you. God (Hey He came in the flesh, so He still qualifies! At least to me!) And also a lot of you here on WP.
2. How has blogging benefited your life? It has really changed my life! It has brought me much happiness and healing. Confessing our faults one to another brings healing somehow and also giving my testimony has helped me to overcome the enemy. And also to make wonderful friendships!
3. Do you like to experience nature? If so, what is one of your favorite activities? Walking and looking at the beauty all around. Fishing. Also sitting on my back porch and enjoying, especially listening to nature.
4. How important is family to you? # 1
5. What is your favorite season of the year? Why is it your favorite? Summer. Sunshine just makes me happy! 🌞 I don’t enjoy being cold! And also, I don’t get “as sick” in the summer.
6. What month were you born? December (ironic, being I don’t like the cold and like summer the most lol I do like Christmas 🤷🏼♀️)
7. If you could visit any place in the world for the first time, where would you want to go? Already answered this one.
8. Who is one of your most favorite authors? Karen Kingsbury and Brandilyn Collins
9. What is something which you have a great deal of passion for? Writing and encouraging
10. Share a favorite verse of Scripture or an inspiring quotation. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11.
11. Tell us one interesting facet about yourself. I try to see the good in everyone. We all mess up. Nobody needs to be kicked further down, when they are down. They need a helping hand to get up and try again!
Steve at Steve’s Country has also nominated me. He is a nature, photography, coffee, animal lover, and his blog is funny – sometimes punny. 😹 Muffin will keep you in stitches!
Steve’s questions to me:
1. What is your favorite fruit? I really love most all fruit. Watermelon and pineapples are at the top of my list.
2. What is your favorite meat? Chicken. (Fried is my fav) It’s so versatile when cooking! I also love seafood and steak…Ok, there again, I have many favorites!
3. Do you like to make your own juice or buy it? Buying saves more time. 🙂
4. Do you like to bake? I have to be in the mood. It hits me at times lol.
5. Do you like to cook? I can cook, I just cook out of necessity.
6. Would you rather eat at home or a restaurant every day?Actually, I would love to have my own cook. 🙂 A girl can dream! 😝
7. Do you like to travel? Would love to ❤️ traveling! Not having the funds a lot of times prevents that luxury. I do go on small trips at times.
8. Do you enjoy walks in nature? Yes!
9. Do you enjoy camping? Haven’t been very many times… If I have running water I’m ok with it… 🙂
10. Would you prefer to live by the sea or in the mountains? Sea, with a vacation home in the mountains!
11. Would you prefer to live in an apartment/flat, or in a house? House
Joshua has also nominated me for this award. He is a very nice person and has a wonderful blog. Check him out for yourself! 😀
Joshua’s questions to me:
1. Do you like to go hiking? I’ve never been on a “real” hike. Just walking in the woods with family on our property.
3. What beverage do you like best? Sweet tea and coffee.
4. Can you ski? No! 😂
5. Do you like Legos? Yes, as long as they stay off the floor! I love stepping on them, says no person EVER! 😹
2. What’s your favorite animal?Cats. I actually have several favs. 😆
6. What’s your favorite book of the Bible? Psalms
7. Who’s your favorite Bible character? David
8. Have you ever passed out tracts? Yes
9. Have you ever gone camping? Yes. Only a few times.
10. Who’s your favorite author? Already answered this one.
11. What would you like to do someday? Have a really good desk job helping people and be a published author. 🙂
Thanks again to all who nominated me! You guys are the sweetest! 😄😁